General Terms & Conditions
By submitting a registration through this site for an activity, event, information evening, master class, performance or workshop, or by registering to receive the Future Students Newsletter or Network Newsletter, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1) Your registration details may be shared with staff from the school you list in your registration details.
2) If you indicate you would like to receive an SMS reminder, this will be sent to the mobile number you entered and you are responsible for any costs incurred by you through your mobile provider. Your mobile number will never be shared outside the University of New South Wales.
3) You acknowledge that for any reason, scheduled activities, events, information evenings, master classes or workshops may be canceled at any time. UNSW will make all reasonable efforts to inform you of a cancelation as soon as possible.
4) If the activity, event, master class, workshop or performance you are registering to attend occurs during the school day, it is your responsibility to contact your school and obtain permission to attend the activity.
Sign Up Free
HSC Plus Bonus Points
HSC Plus is designed to reward strong performance in Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (Year 12) subjects relevant to UNSW undergraduate degrees.
Domestic students who complete an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate and perform well in subjects that are relevant to their preferred UNSW degree may be awarded a maximum of 5 bonus points.
Am I eligible for bonus points under HSC Plus?
To be eligible you must:
- Be a domestic student (i.e. an Australian citizen or permanent resident or New Zealand citizen)
- Complete an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (Year 12) in the year prior to admission* to UNSW and receive an ATAR or equivalent
- Achieve the required performance bands in relevant Year 12 subjects
- Not have a record of study at university
If you complete the International Baccalaureate (IB) in the year prior to admission* you may also be eligible. To be considered you must be eligible for the award of the IB Diploma.
*Applicants who completed the above qualifications in 2015 and took a gap year in 2016 are also eligible for HSC Plus for admission in 2017.
How many bonus points might I be awarded and for which Year 12 subjects?
Applicants will be awarded a maximum of 5 bonus points for each UNSW preference. The number of bonus points awarded and the Year 12 subjects considered are specific to individual undergraduate degrees. This means that if you apply for a range of degrees at UNSW you may have a different admission rank for each preference depending on the Year 12 subjects you have completed.
Note: An overall maximum of 10 bonus points can be awarded across all the university's schemes (HSC Plus, EAP and EAS)
Are all UNSW undergraduate degrees included in HSC Plus?
The following programs are NOT included in HSC Plus:
- Actuarial Studies (including dual degrees)
- Actuarial Studies (Co-op)
- Dual Law
- Commerce (Co-op)
- Commerce (Co-op) (Honours)
- Commerce (International)
- Information Systems (Co-op) (Honours)
- Vision Science
- Vision Science/Clinical Optometry
- Psychological Science
- Psychology (Honours)
All other UNSW undergraduate degrees are included.
How do I apply for HSC Plus?
No separate application is required. For admission to undergraduate degrees at UNSW all domestic applicants completing an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (Year 12) - either in Australia or off-shore - must lodge an application via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) - check out "Apply through UAC" for more info. Applicants completing the International Baccalaureate either in Australia or off-shore also apply via UAC.
If you have a preference for a UNSW degree included in HSC Plus AND your performance in the required Year 12 subject/s is in the specified band, bonus points will be automatically added to your ATAR (or equivalent) to increase your selection rank for that preference.